Baton Rouge swept Hinds Community College in a doubleheader on Saturday. Coming back from six down in game one to win 9-8. Then holding on to a four-run lead in the second game before winning 8-7.
In game one, Baton Rouge found themselves trailing 8-2 in the bottom of the eighth inning before rallying to tie the game 8-8. Troy Whitty entered the game to pitch for BRCC and kept Hinds off the scoreboard.
In the bottom half the Bears won 9-8 in crazy, walk-off fashion. It began when Joseph Domingue got on base with a single, his fourth hit of the afternoon. Caleb Prejean came in to pinch run and found himself on third base with two outs and Blake Buller at the plate. Buller would strike out, but reach first base on a throwing error by the catcher. Prejean crossed the plate for the walk-off win.
Bear Notes (Game 1):
- BRCC did not have a base runner for the first three innings.
- Domingue- 4 for 5 with 2-RBI and a run (two singles and two doubles).
- Aiden Hodges 2 for 4 win an RBI and two runs (triple and single).
- Layton Laird- RBI single (1 for 5).
- Tyler Laporte- Finished 1 for 4, but had a 2-RBI single to tie the game in the 8th.
- Blake Buller- RBI double and a single (2 for 5).
- Troy Whitty earned the win.
Bear Notes (Game 2):
- Devin Bailey- 2 for 4 with two singles.
- Hodges- 1 for 4 with a single.
- Kevin Vanasselberg- 2 for 4 with two singles; scored two runs.
- John Mauldin- 1 for 4 with home run.
- Laird- 1 for 4 with a single.
- Domingue- 2 for 4 with two singles; RBI and a run.
- Buller- 1-3 with a 3-run home run.
- LaPorte- two-RBI singles and finished the game 2 for 3.
BRCC has won four straight games improving their record to .500 on the season at 11-11. Baton Rouge hits the road tomorrow for a doubleheader at Pearl River. Game one is set for a 1:00 pm start.