BRCC defeated Southwest last night 64-63 during the opening night of the Southwest/Coca-Cola Classic. Baton Rouge trailed the entire night until Karim El-Amin hit the deciding jumper with :02 seconds left to win the game.
- El-Amin scored 22 points while shooting 73% from the field (8/11).
- Demetrius Fitzpatrick added 17 points. He shot 50% for the game (6/12).
- Devante Marshall landed in double-figures with ten points.
- Baton Rouge shot 53% as a team (25/47) and 4/7 from three-point range.
- Defensively, BRCC forced Southwest into shooting 40% from the field (19/48).
The Bears head back to Summit, MS this afternoon to face Copiah-Lincoln Community College. Game time is set for 3:00 pm.
BRCC will play at home for the second time this season on Saturday afternoon. The Bears face Houston Community College at 2:00 pm.