BRCC avenged an early season loss to LSU-Eunice on Saturday afternoon by defeating the Lady Bengals 55-49. The win is the third straight for the Lady Bears and brings their conference record to 3-1.
Before the game, BRCC recognized head coach Paula Lee for her 100th career victory at Baton Rouge. The monumental win came against Delgado Community College last weekend.
- Celica Sterling paced BRCC with 18 points, including seven in the 4th quarter.
- Amber Smith scored ten points, eight of which came in the fourth.
- Pearl Jones scored eight points and grabbed 14 rebounds (six offensive).
- BRCC forced 23 turnovers while committing 15 of their own.
- BRCC was 7 of 13 from the free throw line and made only two-three point field goals.
- The Lady Bears held LSU-Eunice to single digits in both the first and second quarter, giving up seven and eight points heading into halftime.
BRCC hits the road for three straight road games on Wednesday. The Lady Bears travel to New Orleans to face Delgado Community College. The game is scheduled for a 5:00 pm start.